Monday, September 5, 2011

State Fair, New Art Room, and Update!

Hi everyone!  The last two weeks went by in a flurry!  I'll tell you a bit of what I've been up to!
 
 To start, I know several of you were wondering how my first art-show went.. Well, I hate to say it but it was really quite the flop.  I had to pay $20 for my spot, and I sold only one item.  (So I was short $10).  I wasn't the only one who didn't have many customers though.  My mother in law, at Ravenwood Whimzies didn't sell a thing and some other booths didn't have much luck either.  Still, I was excited with the setup and will share some pictures! 
A shelf that didnt' sell--I'll be putting it on Etsy soon for $30 + shipping
Side of my shelf.. the other side has a sheep
Part of my booth
 
Drew this cute kid as a puppy!
Shared a spot with my weatherman hubby!

And my Mom in law @Ravenwood Whimzies
here I am drawing pictures to sell. 


Doggie for Sale


My husband and I have been settling down here more as well.  I've made a number of nice homemade recipes such as Julia Child's pizza, wraps, and Belgian Waffles!   Sunday we went to the State Fair--my first time going to the NY one! I took lots of pictures to use as reference for paintings and other such artsy things.

Today we've been laboring all this labor day--it's been great.  We have been setting up our art room/computer office!  The room used to be the home of Ravenwood Whimzies creations--now it will be where I do mine!  I wish I had some "before" pics.. I do have some in-process ones though!

Mr. Fox and I are thinking of calling the room "The Fox Den" and I'll be painting a nice wooden sign I got at the dollar store out here to put outside the room.  We spent a few hours dragging in furniture and our supplies in here today.  We also spent a while together cleaning the kitchen and making it more "home" too. 

The last update before I sign off for the night is I want to let you all know about the debut of my very own .com website!  I am so excited about this!  It is www.frenziedfox.com  it has a link to my Etsy, this blog and my facebook page.  It isn't overly much but it's my  own and I'm very excited!  If you look at my Etsy site now you won't see much but I WILL be adding more very very soon!  

Also thanks so much to my followers--9 more people to go and my chicken painting will go home to it's new owner!  Please help me get to 51 asap!  Thanks so much my friends! :)


2 comments:

  1. Hi! Sorry about your low sales, don't give up though, they are all different! I couldn't find your followers gadget on your sidebar, will ck back to see if it's up! ~*~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear that the art fair didn't go so hot...You know what they say - there's no accounting for some folks' tastes! Your artwork looks amazing.....you truly have a gift. And I love that photo of you drawing....You're adorable! Have fun putting the Fox Den togehter- looks like a lot of work!! Have a great week! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete