Saturday, June 4, 2011

Time for a Book Review: Praying for Your Future Husband!



Hey--I got Praying for Your Future Husband: Preparing Your Heart for His from WaterBrook Multnomah Publishing Group for free to do this review!  It was written by one of my favorite authors, Robin Jones Gunn with her friend Tricia Goyer.  I recommend it with 5 stars--it was well thought out.  Here are my thoughts:

I just finished Praying for Your Future Husband: Preparing Your Heart for His by Robin Jones Gunn and Tricia Goyer. My thoughts? AMAZIINGGG! Each chapter focuses on a different aspcet (like virtues) to pray specifically for your future husband to have. I like that because it can be easy to just pray the same sort of general prayers all the time. There are chapters such as praying for him to trust God, Loyalty, Faithfulness, etc. Each chapter also had real-life stories from Gunn and Goyer, and also testimonies from other women about what happened when they prayed for their future husbands. It's really cool to read how God works! The chapters also end with questions you can answer or journal on your own or talk about in a group setting which I really liked. It makes you think. There are also prayers at the end of each chapter you can pray for yourself and for your future husband too. Something else: even if you are already married--I would recommend this book. I will be getting married in less than a month but through reading it, I realized those same things you pray for BEFORE you meet your man, you can pray when you are married too--just differently. We could all grow in virtue and the chapters helped me focus on some of them that are really crucial to have and to pray for/strive for! So I definitely will be hanging onto this book for future reference when I am married.
Just a note for age-groups though: there is a chapter on intimacy which isn't bad but also I wouldn't just hand to a younger girl either (it depends on who they are and the situation, you know?). So if they are younger you might want to read this together and talk about it afterwords :)

No comments:

Post a Comment