Monday, September 24, 2012

A Stitchery, Kitties' New Names and Ramblings

Hello friends!  It's been a whole week since we adopted our kitties--can't believe it already!  They have been adjusting very well.  They have names now too!
The girl kity is named Tinuviel!
Mr. Fox chose the name Nova for the boy kitty.
 I wanted the girl to be named Tinuviel as I'm such a big Lord of the Rings geek.  If you've read The Silmarillion you hear about her there--she's the Elf maiden who fell in love with a mortal man first.  Mr. Fox and I had several name ideas for the black kitty but I wanted him to pick.  In the end he chose Nova because it sounded unique and space is so black like our wonderful cat.  They are adjusting well.  Tinuviel is all over the place romping about like a kitten and Nova is a bit more nervous, but he's starting to explore a little bit more.  I think he's still a bit nervous about Strider our dog.  So now--we are a four animal (and an unborn baby!) household! :)
Strider likes to hang out with us as we work.

Pipkin our Netherland dwarf bunny



















Speaking of baby, I've been really really wanting to sew him a baby blanket.  I get so tied up with work and such that I figure now would be a good time to start.  Mr. Fox and I think a shark and sea creature theme would be fun!  I kind of want to do a blankie with a shark and a snorkeling fox.  My big dilemma--what material should I use?  I have lots of fleece and it's so soft and colorful and would make a great blanket but will it be harder to wash than just plain old cotton?  Also should I preshrink the fabric?  Help please!  :)

It's football season now and so Sundays we've been spending the day at the in-law's house to watch the game.  (And socialize and eat!) We have a TV but don't have cable or the black box and Mr. Fox LOVES football.  Yesterday when we went over my MIL from Ravenwood Whimzies showed me how to do a stitchery and I'm now working on my very first one!  I need to finish the words and then add color pencil for the inside of the lines.  Next weekend we hope to make a pillow of it!  It's been so much fun I think I'd like to do more sometime!

Lastly, do you have any suggestions for quick homemade meals?  With work and cleaning and such it's so hard to find time to cook!

Until next time, may God bless you all dear friends!

1 comment:

  1. You've done such a great job on the stitchery! I love it! Can't wait to finish it up as a pillow. Remind me on Sunday to write up some of those quick recipes I've been meaning to give you.
    Hugs and blessings sweetie

    ReplyDelete